7 Comments

    1. Thank you! These came out of the camera with seriously over-saturated pink-almost-red tones and it took me a while to get some consistency in the colors. Adjusting red saturation and luminance worked well for some, but I would lose a lot of the detail in the petals. I ended out decreasing purple and magenta saturation (and sometimes luminance) instead. I had also recently read some articles about using dehaze rather than contrast adjustments: the effect of using dehaze on these was to enhance the detail and color without darkening shadowy areas the way contrast adjustments sometimes do. Thanks for the compliment! 🙂

      Dale
        1. Interesting … with the macro lens I’m using, I almost always underexpose one or two stops. I used to think it was a weird thing to do, but found that whenever I tried to stick with the camera’s interpretation of the “correct” exposure, I didn’t like the results as much.

          Dale
          1. I always have the cameras screen to show me the RGB histograms. In a situation like this, the red channel will blow out much sooner than the other two. I’m a landscaper lots of sky on a sunny day, it might be the blue channel that
            blows out first. Whatever channel blows out, will lose detail and you have to jump through hoops to recover the detail in post – if it’s possible at all to recover it.

    1. I bought this clematis just last year, after most of its blooms were already spent, so it’s been a nice surprise to see it produce these massive flowers. Lots of them too, and there are still quite a few buds yet to open so it should keep blooming for a while. Thanks for commenting!

      Dale

Leave a reply ...

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.